Chez Bushwick is a non-profit organization committed to fostering the development, research, and presentation of new performance works across disciplines. This mission is reflected in the following goals:
* To support the activities, subsidies, and performances of Chez Bushwick, a celebrated artist-run organization founded in 2002. Chez Bushwick's main programs include: rehearsal and performance subsidies, arts advocacy, education, outreach, and community development.
* To sustain the multi-disciplinary work of Jonah Bokaer, which includes choreography, media art, video, sculpture, and installation-based practices.
* To oversee, structure, and support the activities of CPR – Center for Performance Research, a L.E.E.D.-certified green building in Brooklyn, of which Chez Bushwick/Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation is a founding partner.
* To produce and document programs of contemporary performance that engage audiences in rich aesthetic and intellectual experiences.
* To enlarge the role of contemporary performance and enhance its contribution to society.
Located in Bushwick, Brooklyn
304 Boerum Street, #23
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Take the L Train to Morgan
approx. 2 blocks NW
For more info on Chez Bushwick, visit chezbushwick.net